- Architectural Collection – This collection consists of drawings and architectural plans created by St Augustine architects such as Howard Davis, Craig Thorn and Craig Thompson. The collection
also contains full size drawings of all St. Johns County buildings listed on the Historic American Building Survey.
- Biographical Collections
- Biographical Cards – Alphabetically organized, these cards contain information abstracted from newspapers, church records, city directories and other sources.
- Biographical Files – Arranged by family name these files contain obituaries, genealogical charts, booklets, letters and other biographical material related to the family.
- Biographical Photos- see photo collection below
- Book Collection – This collection covers the history of St. Augustine, St. Johns County, the Spanish, British and French in colonial Florida, and general Florida history. Our online catalog Emily
can help you identify whether we have books related to your research.
- Church Records – The library has indexed translated abstracts of the Roman Catholic Cathedral Parish records in addition to copies of the original documents in Spanish and Latin. The library
holds a microfilm copy of Trinity Episcopal Church records on microfilm and a manuscript collection of the Memorial Presbyterian Church’s records. For a list of all church records held by the library
please click here. Please see the Other Sources guide for additional sources of church records.
- Circuit Court Records – This collection consists of the circuit court records of St. Johns County from 1821 to the early 1950s. Included in this collection are the records of the Superior Court
of East Florida the federal territorial court. The collection also includes Court Minute Books, Inventories and Appraisement of Estates, Letters of Administration, Probate Court Records, Testamentary
Letter Records and Will Books. The court records are indexed in Emily.
- Colonial St. Augustine Collections – This collection consists of a document component and photo component. The Colonial St. Augustine area is defined by Bay Street, now Avenida Menendez on the
East, the Castillo de San Marcos and Orange Street on the North, Cordova Street on the West and the St. Augustine National Cemetery/San Salvador Street on the South. A map of the colonial area is
- Colonial St. Augustine Vertical Files – Arranged by specific street address or street these files contain newspaper clippings, reports, maps and other material related to that address.
- Colonial St. Augustine Photo Files – Arranged by specific street address or street contains photos related to the address or street
- Map Collection – This collection includes copies of 16th and 17th century Florida and St Augustine maps, and original St Johns County, St Augustine and Florida maps from 18th century to date as
well as the Verne Chatelain collection. The majority of the map collection is cataloged in Emily our online catalog and is searchable by place-name.
- Manuscript Collection – This collection consists of almost 200 collections, large and small, of personal papers, corporate records and organizational records related to St. Augustine or St. Johns
County. The contents of the manuscript collections are cataloged in Emily.
- Microfilm - This collection consists of microfilmed copies of newspapers, manuscript collections, church records, census records and the John B. Stetson Collection of first period Spanish
documents. Notable are the Menendez Family Papers, Edmund Kirby Smith Papers and the records of the Freedman Bureau schools in the St. Augustine area.
- Newspapers – This collection consists of hardcopy and microfilmed copies of St. Augustine, St. Johns County and regional newspapers. For list of newspapers click here.
- Oral History – This collection consists of oral history interviews, lectures and radio interviews with local residents and celebrities. Cataloged in Emily.
- Photographic Collections – This collection consists of several parts:
- Biographical Photo Files – Arranged by family name these files contain images of individuals with the same family name. These files are cataloged in Emily.
- Photograph Albums Collection – This collection consists of albums of unique photos assembled by residents and visitors that document daily life or visitors to the St. Augustine area.
- Photographic Vertical Files – Arranged by subject these files contain photographs, stereopticons, slides, postcards and negative images.
- Tintype and Daguerreotype Collection – This collection includes some of the earliest photos of St. Augustinians and others.
- Scrapbook Collection – This collection consists of scrapbooks created by individuals and organizations.
- Vertical Files – Subject organized files containing booklets, newspaper and magazine clippings, letters, and other ephemera related to that subject. The subject list is found here
- Videos – This collection consists of professional and amateur movies filmed in the St Augustine area, videos and films taken by residents and copies of television shows related to St Augustine
area. Cataloged in Emily.